A note on diversity
Public transit is used by overwhelmingly more women and people of colour than other modes of transportation. We try to make sure the diversity of our users is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better app for everyone who uses Transit.
So if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on all things transportation, mobility, accessibility, urbanism? Let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it merits.
- Merge hundreds of 3rd party APIs in various formats (some clean as a whistle, others plain nasty) into a single, scalable, elegant API.
- Develop strategies and tools that allow multiple sets of data to be cross-matched and merged if necessary.
- Build algorithms that analyze historical data to predict accurate departure times.
- Knowledge of object-oriented & functional programming.
- Experience dealing with REST APIs (JSON, XML, GET, POST, etc)
- Satisfactory communication skills in English and French.
- Polyglot! The more languages you can speak, write and understand, the better.
- Knowledge of Node.js, regexp, bash (bonus points for C++).
- Comfortable with Kubernetes and Cloud deployments.
- Used to work with Git and Github.
- Passionate about cities, urbanism, public transit, design, technology, or all the above.
- Experience dealing with multiple sources of data and different APIs.
- Familiarity with transportation data formats like GTFS, GTFS-rt, NEPTUNE, TransitXChange...
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary and stock options based on experience.
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage.
- 4 weeks vacation.
- $1,500 annual mobility allowance. STM? BIXI? Uber? E-bike? Scooter? Going car-free is free at Transit.
- Apple laptop and equipment
- Work with highly skilled teammates in a "let me teach you how to do that" kind-of environment.
- A training and development budget
- Communal lunch-and-learn with free food on Fridays
- Flexible work hours
We believe in the importance of an inclusive and diverse team. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, orientations and backgrounds to apply.
Send your resume, GitHub account and other relevant info to firstname.lastname@example.org.